Since 2006, we have empowered theatre artists to make a difference with their art, at home and around the world. Leading the charge for genuine cross-cultural and artistic exchange -- we happily get our hands dirty, share skills, learn new ones, and tell engaging stories that give voice to communities in need.
Dramatic Adventure Theatre creates opportunities for artists around the world to become intimately involved with distant communities by building platforms where ideas, talents, and original works can be shared.
What We Value
- Theatre as a tool/gift of hope, empowerment, catharsis, and fun
- Artistic individuality
- Honest human to human connection
- Listening before acting
- Global diversity
- Cross-cultural, experiential travel
- Cultural immersion
- Education and exchange
- Personal and artistic development
- Community-designed & led service projects (in the vein of Quechuan mingas)
What We've Achieved
- We have travelled with over 280 theatre artists to 9 countries, on 4 continents.
- We have taught theatre to over 1500 children and participated in more than 45 service projects in 27 communities and villages.
- We have developed successful ongoing programs with Ecuador (since season 2, 2007/08), Slovakia (since season 6, 2011/12), and Tanzania (since season 9, 2014/15) -- maintaining and growing long-term relationships while increasing our positive impact within these regions.
- We have created and produced 30 original plays, inspired by our travels.
- We were awarded a Jim Henson Foundation Grant for Jason Williamson's A Girl without Wings, which received glowing reviews from The New York Times among other notable sources.
- We were awarded a grant from the American Embassy in Slovakia to further develop Jason Williamson's The Rebel Bird.