SEEKING INTERN FOR THE 2015/2016 SEASON:
Administrative Assistant to the Artistic Director & Executive Director
Intern Hours per week: 10-20 (The program is flexible enough to meet the scheduling and academic needs of all intern candidates. Some evening and weekend work may be required)
Length of Internship: Mid-September 2015 thru Early-July 2016 (with some flexibility)
Compensation: Not paid. However this intern will receive credit towards travel on Creative Trek, ACTion, or a Teaching Artist Residency (with the possibility of fully funding a trip abroad with DAT). This intern will also receive 2 tickets to all events, recommendation letters (upon request), and college credit (per university/department guidelines)
Application deadline: September 1, 2015
Dramatic Adventure Theatre is seeking an Assistant to the Artistic Director to aid with producing DAT's tenth season. Intern will gain exposure to many different aspects of theatre/travel abroad management in a fast-paced, hands-on environment and will work side-by-side with artists, administrators, and technicians. The Assistant to the Artistic Director & Executive Director Intern will assist with recruiting, community outreach, marketing, fundraising, contact management, project research, and some aspects of production. This position is project oriented and can be tailored to the strengths and talents of the individual selected. Possible collaboration with either the Resident Director, Resident Playwright or the Director of Education if interests align.
- Assist with recruiting artists for upcoming projects and keeping them informed with any developments
- Assist with marketing and promotion as needed
- Possible graphic design and online media production work
- Research new grant opportunities and fundraising ideas
- Maintain contact database through data entry and periodic updates
- Assist with maintaining contacts abroad as well as building new contacts
- Research upcoming destinations and any specific travel needs/updates
- Help produce ACTion Fest 2016
- Help produce the upcoming Travelogues
- Additional tasks as assigned
Candidates must have an interest or background in arts administration. Candidates must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail, and good organizational capacity. Candidates must also have access to reliable transportation (or a Metrocard) and be able to lift up to 30 lbs. The ideal candidate will possess initiative, have the ability to work independently, function in a deadline sensitive environment, and have a positive, flexible attitude. Applicants must have a working knowledge of Email, Internet, Social Media, Word, Excel and Google Docs/Forms -- with a willingness to learn and incorporate other apps/software. Experience with Sales Force is a plus. Pursuit of a college degree in arts administration, business administration, study abroad administration, marketing, communications, public relations or performing arts is preferred. Dramatic Adventure Theatre seeks a diverse company and is committed to equal opportunity employment.
- Short Cover Letter (in the body of the email, please include your schedule availability for a follow-up interview)
- Resume or Relevant Work History
- Two References – Professional or Academic (waived for DAT Alumni)
Please submit application requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Dramatic Adventure Theatre is in compliance with the FLSA’s criteria for internship labor and acknowledges that this position is intended to provide an educational opportunity for the intern. The intern will not be entitled to wages for the duration of the internship, but we are pleased to offer credit towards a travel abroad experience with DAT.